CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 20, 2008

My Makeup Philosophy

Most people don't have a philosophy for makeup unless they're makeup artists. Since I'm just the dork I am, I have one even though I'm not a makeup artist.

I look up to Carmindy, a makeup artist for What Not to Wear, the TV show that helps the fashionably disabled become...well, abled. If you just happen to glance at her website,
http://carmindy.com/, you'll notice that she has a philosophy. Let's just say that I totally agree with it. Makeup is not a luxury. It is a tool for women to feel better about themselves. I think that high self-esteem and self-concept is the ultimate goal of makeup. With all the tabloids out there, complaining about the flaws of the seemingly perfect movie stars (if they're perfect, what does that make us? deformed?), it's pretty easy to understand why some women aren't comfortable with how they look in the mirror.

I'm sure that all of you out there (unless you're a narcissist) have felt this insecurity. This is where makeup comes into play. With the right tools and techniques, you can learn to look your best. I am here to guide you. So get out there and rev up that self-confidence!

Any constructive feedback is greatly appreciated. Feel free to add comments, questions, complaints, praises (please, a lot of praises), requests, or any ol' thought that comes to your mind.

Thanks to any readers out there who are willing to waste some time and listen to my babbling. =]

0 comments: