CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Intro to This Blog

Before I begin dishing out makeup advice, let me tell you a little bit about how I started my makeup obsession. After all, you probably want some credibility in the person you're going to (hopefully) take advice from.

I used to be pretty oblivious as far as how I appeared to others, and I rarely even glanced at myself in the mirror. I knew nothing about cosmetics and didn't care to know. For Christmas one year, my mom gave me a makeup book. I played around with my mom's outdated makeup and attempted at a few of the looks shown, but ultimately decided that I disliked that idea.

That all changed when I moved. At my old school, I felt comfortable with who I was since I had been with the same class for five years. It had been so long since I had made new friends that I forgot how. When I first came to my current school, my self-esteem was down to nada. I knew nobody, talked to nobody, and felt just plain miserable. That's when my appearance began playing a role.

I knew that if I looked better (prettier) then people would want to talk to me more. So I tested around with makeup and told myself that I was going to master this so I could make more friends.

So two years and some more friends later, here I am, claiming to be a makeup expert? Not exactly. I am no expert (yet), but as they say, I am cautiously optimistic. I am slowly but surely making my way up the ladder of "makeup expertise." I have read books, magazines, internet sites, watched videos, seen pictures, etc. The list keeps going. I have done whatever I can to find out more about makeup. And because I am such a helpful person (or so I think), I want to share that information with the world.

Any constructive feedback is greatly appreciated. Feel free to add comments, questions, complaints, praises (please, a lot of praises), requests, or any ol' thought that comes to your mind.
Thanks to any readers out there who are willing to waste some time and listen to my babbling. =]

1 comments:

Lydia said...

Good luck with the blog! I'll keep checking in on you--there's a lot to explore in the world of makeup, so welcome to the beauty blogosphere!